Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fishing Report 10/11 and 10/12

On Sunday we went out of Port Canaveral to see what we could find. We ended up having a lot of fun with schools of Bonito and Spanish Mackerel. We then went to a spot we like to frequent for Flounder and we weren't let down. Also managed a nice Tripletail off a floating bucket about 8 miles out. 

Two baby Trips just hanging by this black bucket blending in.

Two baby Trips just hanging by this white piece of plastic blending in.

We each had some fun with the Bonito.

Davey with one of several Flounder.

Myself reaching to net a nice Tripletail.

Nicky with his 13lb-ish Trip.

Nicky holding up his Trip and Flounder.

Seems like this time of year is when lots of stuff washes up on the beach due to all the on-shore winds we get. On Saturday I walked down to the beach to Snook fish, but there was far too many weeds for it to be any fun. As I'm turning around to leave I notice something floating around in the surf. At first I thought it was a Manatee, then I realized it was a big ol' grouper (dead). Of course I had to get a picture with is and send it to some friends showing them what I "caught" on the beach that morning.
Then on Sunday a friend told me about a drug boat that washed up earlier in the day. I headed over to that beach to get some pictures of that. I would hate to be the people who were driving this boat because this thing was full of .50 Cal hols and had 2 250hp Yamahas on the back which were also shot out. By the time I got there a guy already had one motor off and taken away and was working on the second one. I forgot my camera at home this morning, so I'll update it with pictures later this evening.
 

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment