Sunday, July 17, 2016

Fishing Report 7/17/16

I pulled up to the beach and saw a boat hooked up and tons of bait. So I quickly got to the water. It didn't take long for me to hook up.
Today I was trying out a new filming method for the first time which I found out about at iCast. It's called Action Hat. My buds at RCI Optics introduced me to the guy who owns the hat company and he was generous enough to give me one to try out on the SUP. I'm use to a learning curve with new products, but that wasn't the case here. I immediately liked the "Action Hat" much more than the normal GoPro head strap because this can easily be operated one handed (great for selfies :grin) and it floats. I'll include the link to his site so you can check them out more on your own.
https://www.actionhat.com/

Lift off in the count down county.

I'm going to catch this Tarpon but first, let me take a selfie.

More air time.

Gulping air.
 
Jump at SUP.
 
As I went to set my rod down so I could land the fish I bumped the lever into free-spool, I thought it was game over.

I was lucky though and the tarpon swam out the mess.

This is a 12' board and this fish was all of 6'.
 
Bust a 180.
 
Go for the grab and...
 
Battle over.


No comments:

Post a Comment